Thursday, July 15, 2010

Zoo Fest 2010


Ken and I attended Zoo Fest last Saturday, not really knowing what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised and it was a great night! Zoo Fest is fundraiser held at the Edmonton Valley Zoo...for the Zoo of course. Basically, it's a night where the guests get to walk around the park, meet some of the animals up close and eat some good food donated by vendors across the city. We were invited to be a vendor and we're so glad we said yes. We met a lot of great people that night and it was also great to see some familiar faces supporting such a great cause.

While I was walking around (looking for the gumbo and Beer with raspberries in it, yum!) I bumped into a volunteer holding an owl. A huge owl...it was beautiful! I have never seen one so close...of course, Ken had the camera...so no photo of the lovely creature.

But here is the massive Tortoise that was being rolled around!








Lucy the talented painting Elephant...I think her paintings sell more than our cakes...Uh...seriously? She should try decorating a cake! LOL
We offered almost all of our cupcake flavours and our super popular chocolate cake truffles.

The Siberian Tiger was eying Kenna from a far and when we got near it was jumping up and down. I looked this beat straight in the eyes...mesmerizing! Here he is staring down my mom...as you can see, she looks so scared! haha!

Delicious coconut bubble tea with mango stars from the TEA PLACE...mmm...
And...no one told me there was a restaurant just for fondue in the city. Crazy!


My parents brought Kenna near the end of the event and we got to walk around the zoo with her...she loved schmoozing with people as if she was hosting the event...here we are walking out of the park all tuckered out from a long day.
I would suggest attending next year's Zoo fest. It would make a great date night with your sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment